How about a change for the F'tour at the end of Ramadan? Today, I propose a corn soup to replace the traditional chorbas or hariras.
It comes directly from Peru, the homeland of the corn and the potato. It is very ѕіmрlе to make, and can be transformed into a ѵеgеtаrіаn recipe if you replace the chicken brothwith a vegetable broth.
This was my first Peruvian recipe (apart from ceviche) and it was the one that made me want to dive into Peruvian cuisine.
Lightly spiced corn soup, Peruvian style
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 litre Chicken broth
- 500 gr Corn
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Sweet pepper
- 3 sprigs Parsley
- In a large saucepan, fry it in oil.
- Add the
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Shear the maize cobs, if necessary.
- Add the chilli, corn, potatoes and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth cream.
- Serve decorated with chopped parsley.